“I was SAVED BY ZERO. I had no money, no job, just debt and a dream… I had to make it work. And so can you!” Michelle Phan
BLACKHEADS ON YOUR NOSE..? ARE YOU LOSING THE BATTLE?
“WHY DO I HAVE BLACKHEADS???” You’ve got dirt and dead skin cells clogging your pores… that’s why! And when you have blackheads, acne is often not far behind…. 🙁
4 QUICK WAYS TO GET RID OF BLACKHEADS:
First clean your face then try one of these…
1) STEAM METHOD
– Fill a bowl with hot water (be careful!)
– Put your face over the bowl
– Put a big towel over your head and let the steam do the work… opening up the pores
– Rest a hot towel (not too hot it burns you!) on your face for 5 – 10 mins
– The pores open
Once the pores are open, take 2 clean cotton balls (preferably hypo allergenic) and use them to ‘ease out’ the naughty blackheads out of your skin. Aaaaaaah. How disgusting and rewarding 🙂
Remember… Don’t squeeze with your fingers… Or else you could scar your face!
2) THE LIME METHOD
– Cut a lime in half.
– Pour some honey onto the lime (preferably dark and it’d be amazing if it were raw and organic too)
– rub the honey’d half lime all over your clean face.. Let the honey & lime mixture stay on your face for 3 – 5 mins.
– Rinse off your face
This takes longer to work – over several weeks of repeating this process!
3) EGG WHITE METHOD
– Separate the egg white from the yolk.
– Use a fork or whisk to beat the the egg whites
– Use your hands to put the beaten egg whites all over your face
– Put clean tissue on your nose (or wherever else you have blackheads) and leave for 45 minutes (or until totally dry)
– Once the tissue is dry, gently remove (and take a look at the gross blackheads now on the tissues heheheh 🙂
– Rinse off your face
I think this method is BOSS!
4) ASPIRIN MASK
See my article on how to make an aspirin mask… (and please pay attention to all my cautions about this one too!!!)
http://www.TheLifestylista.com (Beauty & Style section)
This is a job well done! Blackheads are no joke and can sooooo lead to acne… You go girl, it’s worth taking a little time to take care of yourself. I am v. proud of you.
Keep your questions coming.
WHAT ARE STRETCH MARKS? This is the tearing of the skins second layer (the dermis). Often occurs during periods of significant weight gain or growth.
HOW TO PREVENT THEM?
Some studies suggest Vitamin E oil… Stay hydrated, eat foods that promote skin elasticity (Vitamins A, E, Omega 3s) and exercise to promote circulation.
HOW TO REMOVE THEM? You can reduce them but you can’t remove them… and sadly, the creams dont work! Not even cocoa butter 🙁 The sooner you treat stretch marks the better. Use a laser while they’re still fresh and red. The heat from the laser stimulates collagen production.
THE BOTTOM LINE… Accept yourself girl! Most of us have stretch marks and we’re still beautifiul!
You guys requested this post again so I’ve reposted!
“Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde
WANT TO MAKE YOUR LIPSTICK LAST LONGER?
Are you sick and tired of your lipstick disappearing almost as soon as you put it on? A few little drinks from a glass, a bit of chatting and BAM… NO MORE LIPSTICK!!! 🙁 What a bore and it’s expensive too.
Here’s how to make your lipstick last longer:
1a) If your lips are dry and chapped… EXFOLIATE YOUR LIPS
You don’t want flaking skin or cracked lips ruining your look… So, put a load of lip salve on your lips and take an old, soft bristled toothbrush and gently rub in a circle. You are getting rid of the dead skin cells (and you’ve got to be careful not to rub too hard and hurt your lips)! Take some tissue and wipe off your lips to get rid of the lip salve AND the dead skin.
1b) If your lips are fine, then put some liquid foundation on them (this’ll be a great base for the lipstick to attach to).
2) Take a LIPLINER the same color as your lipstick. FILL IN YOUR WHOLE LIP – top and bottom.
Try to use a moisturizing liner rather than one of those drying kohl lip liners.
3) Put on your first layer of lipstick.
If you can, use a lip brush to apply your lippy… WHY? Because it helps you get the lipstick into all the nooks and crannies of your lips and the lip brush applies a thinner layer which lasts longer.
You could also use a longlasting lipstick BUT some people find these way too drying (I do! Longlasting lipstick makes my lips feel like the Sahara desert and that 8 hour lip coating thing is even worse! Sooooo drying! :-).
Whatever you do, don’t use glossy lipstick because that sooooooo won’t stay on…
4) KISS YOUR HAND or BLOT YOUR LIPS WITH TISSUE
5) BLOT TRANSLUCENT MAKEUP POWDER (or a little baby powder) on your lips.
This locks in the color.
6) Apply another layer of lipstick.
7) BLOT (using your hand or a tissue) and TAKE YOUR FINGER AND CLOSE YOUR MOUTH OVER IT (like it’s a popsickle). Take your finger out and you’ll got rid of the lipstick that had planned to end up on your teeth!!! Nice save 🙂
So now your lips look great but for how long???
That’s up to you.
– Drink through a straw
– Eat food using small bites so you don’t touch your lips
– Avoid too much lip licking or kissing people
If you’re like me, you’ll start off intending to look like Kerry Washington with perfect, long-lasting lipstick but then as soon as you arrive at the party, you’ll laugh, lick your lips, eat some food, give people pecks on the cheek and the lipstick will be gone in no time! I’m pretty darned low maintenance. LOL.
ps THREE CHEERS for us – our community is now 15,000+ strong 🙂 www.facebook.com/Lifestylista
NEW STUDY FINDS MSG IN FOOD MAKES US FAT & IT’S BEEN — — USED TO MAKE LAB RATS FAT FOR DECADES!