WHAT IS CELLULITE?
For a more permanent cellulite reduction try regular exercise (including resistance training to tone muscle), weight loss (if you are overweight), drinking 8 glasses of water a day and eating healthily (to avoid the build up of toxins). No one can promise total cellulite removal but you can reduce it (if you want to…) I find mine kinda beautiful 🙂
Are you sick and tired of the depressing ARGH (!) moments when you go shopping for jeans? You try each new pair of jeans on but each one is less flattering than the last? And if you do leave with a pair of jeans, it’s just a compromise – it doesn’t leave you feeling like a sexy, fabulous, goddess…
It doesn’t have to be this way!
The real problem here is that we don’t know how to correctly measure what size of jeans we should wear…
Here’s how to fix that – these are the measuring tricks that celebs, their stylists and their tailors know… And now you do too:
DECIDE WHICH RISE YOU PREFER – you can do this by trying on loads of different styles of jeans or by measuring the rise a pair of jeans that fit you really well
The ‘rise’ is the distance from the top of your waistband at the front to the bottom of your crotch seam.
– A high rise will be at or above your natural waist (a rise of 12 inches or more)
– A mid rise will be about an inch or two below your waist
– A low rise can be as low as you dare (average 8 inches but as low as 4!)
MEASURE YOUR WAIST
– Stand up straight and don’t hold in your tummy
– Take a cloth or bendy plastic measuring tape
– Since you’ve already decided what ‘rise’ you’re going for (high rise, mid rise or low rise) – you know where on your body you’re going to measure the waist. Today I’m going to measure myself for a pair of low rise jeans. It’s better if you can get someone else to help you but, if that’s not possible, try to do this in front of a mirror so you can see what you are doing.
– Don’t measure over clothing. Always measure directly onto your skin to get your correct measurements.
– Don’t hold the measuring tape too tightly to get a smaller waist, if you do, the measurement won’t be accurate.
– If you are measuring your own waist e.g. for low rise jeans, you will need to measure about 5 inches below the top of your belly button (depending on the size of the low rise you’re going for). If you are doing this yourself, it can be useful to make a mark on your body using some eye liner pencil so you know exactly how low to measure for your waist for that specific size of low rise).
– When you measure your low rise waist, the number that hits the starting point of the tape will be your waist measurement for that style of jeans!
MEASURE YOUR INSEAM
Measure your leg from the top inseam point (just under your crotch) to the bottom inseam point (depends on whether you’ll be wearing heels or flats – you want the hem to skim the top of the shoes you will be wearing).
Now you’ve decided what rise you’re going for and you’ve measured your waist and inseam, you can go to the store and you can weed out potential jeans with just these measurements and a tape measure!
So, in the store, TAKE A POTENTIAL PAIR OF JEANS AND LAY IT ON A FLAT SURFACE – before wasting your time in the changing rooms, you’re looking for a pair of jeans that match the measurements you want:
– Measure RISE – from top of waist band to crotch seam. (If you’re looking for a low rise and this measurement is 8 inches or less, you’ve got a low rise)
– Measure WAIST – from one side of the waistband to the other and double the figure. So 15 inches would mean a 30 inch waist
– Measure INSEAM: crotch seam to end of hem.
Different jeans brands put radically different size labels on jeans that are actually the same size in reality… So it’s extremely confusing, misleading and frustrating! This measuring method you’ve just learned, will match you up with great jeans without spending hours in the changing room. If you correctly measure yourself beforehand, you can quickly and easily weed out duds and only try on the gems… the jeans that will fit you perfectly. So in the changing room all you’ve got left to do is smile cheekily at yourself in the mirror because of how gorgeous you’re looking!
Yay! I’m here rooting for you.
If you have any comments or questions, do leave a comment in the box below.
ARE YOUR CHEEKY LEMONS HOLDING OUT ON YOU??? No juice? 🙁
www.facebook.com/Lifestylista @TheLifestylista #Food
VIDEO: Breaking a taboo! Toby, our English Jack Russell, and I are sprinting around a roundabout…
IT’S YOUR LIFE
VIDEO: The inside scoop on this shocking story. Subway thief without a conscience robs a drunk man and leaves him on the train tracks to die…
Shame on you Nadar Khiari… You got off lightly.
VIDEO: Twitter is now a crucial part of our lives so here’s a mini starter pack… ABBREVIATIONS!
WHERE TO FIND ME
ABBREV SHORTENED TWITTER SLANG:
BTW RT PRT OH DM IRL FTF IMHO YMMV BR c/c JV LMK BFN EM FB FF FWIW FWD HT IMO LMAO LMFAO MT LOL NSFW OMFG OMG RE RR RTF RTFF RTFM RTHX SNAFU SOB TMB TMI VIA WFT WTH YMMV YW RTQ STFW TLDR ICYMI NB NTS NP MT MRT OH TTFN Andy Gump