Now our girl Latifah always looks good and her skin is just AMAZING. While you are out there trying to deal with the stresses of the everyday AND get your health, your weight and your life in order… let The Lifestylista help you to pamper yourself and get even better looking skin… Queen Latifah style!
Here are her top two tips:
1) DON’T WEAR YOUR MAKE UP ALL THE TIME. Make sure you carve out hours in the day, and maybe on the weekend, where you clean & exfoliate your skin and give it time to breathe.
2) A DIY BAKING SODA EXFOLIATION
WHAT IS EXFOLIATION?:
Taking the old skin cells off the top layer of your skin to expose the fresher, more healthy skin cells below.
Some people use mild acids (like AHA – Alpha Hydroxy Acid) to take the skin cells off the top layer of the skin. Not Queen Latifah!
Her baking soda method is a natural and gentle way to exfoliate… and it’s significantly cheaper than buying something from the pharmacy too 😉
This is a ‘physical exfoliant’ as opposed to the ones that use chemicals.
Over time, this baking soda exfoliation can make minced meat out of your blackheads, your large pores and your oily skin… (if you have it) 🙂
3 tablespoons of baking soda
approx 1 teaspoon of water
WHAT TO DO:
1) Clean your face with your usual cleanser and leave your face wet.
2) Mix the baking soda with the water – add a few drops of water to get to a consistency you like.
3) Apply the baking soda paste to your damp face in a circular motion all over your face for 1 – 3 minutes.
AVOID your eyes (very delicate skin there!).
4) Wash the paste off your face with lukewarm water.
5) Take some cotton wool and apply some alcohol free toner to close up your pores.
6) Moisturize your skin with a simple, fragrance free moisturizer.
IMPORTANT: If your skin is irritated, use less baking soda next time. And do this at night so your skin has a chance to recover overnight!
If this treatment works for you, then use it twice a week! It’s good to exfoliate.