The best BREAKFAST CEREAL for SLIMMERS! SCROLL DOWN for my simple OATMEAL RECIPE! Have you heard about the celebrities and weight loss gurus who swear by porridge (oatmeal) because its relatively high protein content and low fat content..? A new clinical study has found that PORRIDGE (oatmeal) can:
– Make you feel fuller than ready-to-eat breakfast cereal (e.g. Cheerios, Cornflakes, Rice Crispies, Granola etc.)
– Decrease perception of hunger
– Decrease how much you actually eat even 4 hours after eating the porridge (oatmeal).
Why might this be? The scientists from this study say that oatmeal provides a more filling form of fiber than the our regular, ready-to-eat cereals (porridge had higher B-glucan content and greater viscosity because of it’s greater molecular weight & higher concentration).
So, in a nutshell, porridge keeps you fuller for longer – fewer cravings, hunger pangs and snack attacks! And so you don’t pile on the pounds!
Here’s a recipe:
Kara’s Simple Simon Oatmeal (2 – 3 servings)
– 1 cup Old fashioned rolled oats (NOT the quick cooking kind)
– 2 1/2 cups water
– 1 banana, sliced.
– Optional extras:
— 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and / or nutmeg and / or cardamom
— A pinch of sea salt (or try no salt! The less added salt you eat the better 🙂
1) Add your rolled oats to the pot
2) Add the water and leave the pot uncovered.
3) Take off your banana skin, slice your banana and add to the pot.
4) Turn the heat on (medium to high) and stir often so the porridge doesn’t burn & stick to the bottom of the pot. Bring the porridge to a gentle boil – you’ll see little air bubbles popping up (it’ll take about 3 – 5 minutes of cooking to get to this point).
5) Turn the heat down to a very low heat (keep stirring!) and let the porridge cook gently, simmering, for 2 – 5 minutes (depending on the texture you want, how you like your porridge…)
6) Now add your ‘optional extras’ if you want to (spices and salt) and stir in. Now your porridge is done.
7) Put your porridge in a bowl and add your TOPPINGS! Yay – delicious – this is the fun part 🙂
The possibilities are endless! You can add e.g.:
– Berries (e.g. blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
– Other fruits e.g. grapes, chopped pineapple, mango, kiwi fruit… you name it!
– Raw nuts and / or raw seeds
Bon appetit! Enjoy!
Study: “Acute Effect of Oatmeal on Subjective Measures of Appetite and Satiety Compared to Ready-to-Eat Breakfast Cereal: A Randomized Crossover Study” – Journal of the American College of Nutrition.
CLICK HERE to SIGN UP http://bit.ly/LifestylistaFBEmailClub to get LOADS OF GOODIES delivered directly to your inbox: *Premium Giveaways, *Free downloads, *Great strategies & secrets on how to LOSE WEIGHT, GET FIT and BE YOUR MOST FABULOUS!