Knowing the difference between physical hunger and emotional hunger could make the difference between you having the body you want and you not! Remember always that YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL & LOVABLE RIGHT NOW! And knowledge is power…
1) BELOW YOUR HEAD
– The symptoms of physical hunger happen below your head. e.g. your rumbling, growling tummy!
– Emotional hunger is in your head, in your thoughts, and in you have a feeling of it on your tongue… “I need to taste a bit of macaroni cheese / fried chicken / chocolate / cake!”
– Physical hunger builds up gradually but emotional hunger comes on so suddenly, it’s like you’ve been hit by a train and you NEED TO EAT RIGHT NOW!
– Physical hunger happens hours after you last ate but emotional hunger doesn’t give a damn.
YOU: “But I just ate half an hour ago.”
EMOTIONAL HUNGER: “So?”
EMOTIONAL HUNGER: “But what B*&%tch, that your problem not mine. Just buy some bigger jeans and get me some wings / icecream / jollof rice / curry goat / lasagne!”
3) WHEN IT GOES AWAY
– Physical hunger goes away when you’re full. You have a feeling of true satisfaction.
– Emotional hunger is never full. Even though your stomach may be bursting, even though you may feel uncomfortable even… YOU STILL WANT TO EAT. You may even feel badly about it but the emotional hunger is in your head and it’s saying “FEED ME SEYMOUR…” If you don’t get that Little Shop of Horrors reference, check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7SkrYF8lCU
Knowledge is power! The next time emotional hunger comes a calling…
EMOTIONAL HUNGER: “Feed me! You’re so hungry right now…”
YOU: “No I’m not! I know who you are!”
EMOTIONAL HUNGER: “No, I’m for real. I’m physical hunger and–”
YOU: “And what B*&%tch, I ain’t buyin a bigger pair of jeans and I’m not your fool or your slave. I just ate, I feel full and I don’t need you.”
EMOTIONAL HUNGER: “Oh…”
Emotional hunger skulks off into the night with head down… Defeated.
[For a quick, clear STRATEGY TO DEFEND YOURSELF FROM CRAVINGS, emotional eating, stress eating… check out my article “Feeling Stressed & Want to Overeat”… https://thelifestylista.com/?p=1794 ]
The Lifestylista ®
CLICK HERE to SIGN UP http://bit.ly/LifestylistaFBEmailClub to get LOADS OF GOODIES delivered directly to your inbox: *Premium Giveaways, *Free downloads, *Great strategies & secrets on how to LOSE WEIGHT, GET FIT and BE YOUR MOST FABULOUS!