WANT TO MAKE YOUR LIPSTICK LAST LONGER?
Are you sick and tired of your lipstick disappearing almost as soon as you put it on? A few little drinks from a glass, a bit of chatting and BAM… NO MORE LIPSTICK!!! 🙁 What a bore and it’s expensive too.
Here’s how to make your lipstick last longer:
1a) If your lips are dry and chapped… EXFOLIATE YOUR LIPS
You don’t want flaking skin or cracked lips ruining your look… So, put a load of lip salve on your lips and take an old, soft bristled toothbrush and gently rub in a circle. You are getting rid of the dead skin cells (and you’ve got to be careful not to rub too hard and hurt your lips)! Take some tissue and wipe off your lips to get rid of the lip salve AND the dead skin.
1b) If your lips are fine, then put some liquid foundation on them (this’ll be a great base for the lipstick to attach to).
2) Take a LIPLINER the same color as your lipstick. FILL IN YOUR WHOLE LIP – top and bottom.
Try to use a moisturizing liner rather than one of those drying kohl lip liners.
3) Put on your first layer of lipstick.
If you can, use a lip brush to apply your lippy… WHY? Because it helps you get the lipstick into all the nooks and crannies of your lips and the lip brush applies a thinner layer which lasts longer.
You could also use a longlasting lipstick BUT some people find these way too drying (I do! Longlasting lipstick makes my lips feel like the Sahara desert and that 8 hour lip coating thing is even worse! Sooooo drying! :-).
Whatever you do, don’t use glossy lipstick because that sooooooo won’t stay on…
4) KISS YOUR HAND or BLOT YOUR LIPS WITH TISSUE
5) BLOT TRANSLUCENT MAKEUP POWDER (or a little baby powder) on your lips.
This locks in the color.
6) Apply another layer of lipstick.
7) BLOT (using your hand or a tissue) and TAKE YOUR FINGER AND CLOSE YOUR MOUTH OVER IT (like it’s a popsickle). Take your finger out and you’ll got rid of the lipstick that had planned to end up on your teeth!!! Nice save 🙂
So now your lips look great but for how long???
That’s up to you.
– Drink through a straw
– Eat food using small bites so you don’t touch your lips
– Avoid too much lip licking or kissing people
If you’re like me, you’ll start off intending to look like Kerry Washington with perfect, long-lasting lipstick but then as soon as you arrive at the party, you’ll laugh, lick your lips, eat some food, give people pecks on the cheek and the lipstick will be gone in no time! I’m pretty darned low maintenance. LOL.
ps THREE CHEERS for us – our community is now 15,000+ strong 🙂 www.facebook.com/Lifestylista