If you have vodka or rubbing alcohol in your house… you can solve this problem in no time. Here’s a cheap Febreze alternative.
1) Get an empty spray bottle
2) Add 1 cup of water
3) Add 1/4 cup vodka or isopropyl (aka rubbing) alcohol
4) Do a spot test on your chosen item of clothing and allow it to dry.
5) If all is well with the test then spray your outfit with your homemade Febreze…
6) Put the outfit out to dry outside or in some other well ventilated area.
HOW IT WORKS
The alcohol is an anti-bacterial… It kills the bacteria that cause those stinky clothes smells.
BUT WON’T I SMELL LIKE A LIQUOR STORE???
No. When the alcohol dries, it won’t smell at all. The alcohol totally evaporates and it’ll take all the naughty smells with it 🙂
Take care Ms Low Maintenance and I hope this tip helps!